Sunday 27 March 2016

And The Winner Is...
A big thank you to those of you who commented on the interview with Carol Lovekin about the publication of her new book, 'Ghostbird', last week. Carol has had a busy week appearing on various blogs and she enjoyed a very successful launch of the book at Waterstones in Aberystwyth on Thursday.

The draw closed at midnight last night and all your names were written on separate pieces of paper, folded carefully into four and placed in a hat. 

With the help of my two grandsons, Thomas and Isaac, I can now announce that the winner of a copy of 'Ghostbird' is Maria.


Congratulations, Maria!

If you could now DM me with your email address and contact details, I will forward these to Honno Press who has kindly donated the give-away. I'm sure you will love your prize.




I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Easter. I'm just off to organise the family Easter egg hunt in the garden. The trouble is I'll most likely forget where I've hidden some of them - it happens every year! 

12 comments:

  1. I hope your Easter egg huge was a huge success, Jan. We always had an Easter egg hunt in the village school where I taught. The parents would spend all morning hiding coloured pebbles all over the field behind the school and it would take nano-seconds for the children to find a pebble of each colour and win their egg. They seemed to value the pebbles more highly, though, and always kept them - which meant that every year there was a PTA pebble-paining session, helped along by the odd bottle of wine. Hope you and your family have had a lovely weekend xx PS Congratulations to Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your school egg hunts sounded great fun, Sue. I can imagine the wine helped the pebble- painting along nicely. Our egg hunt has become a family tradition now. As the boys are getting older, they have to be distracted from taking a sneak view of where Nana is when I hide the eggs. It's usually all over quite quickly as they hare around filling their baskets. At the end, the eggs are shared out and the noise level returns to normal!
      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jan,
    Thrilled to win Carol's book, 'Ghostbird' and really looking forward to reading it.
    Hope your Easter Egg Hunt went well, and you've had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will love it, Maria. Yes, thanks, the Easter egg hunt went well. It was cold but at least it was dry and all over before the rain came. 🙂

      Delete
    2. How brilliant! Maria - you won the draw! I'm delighted. Hope you enjoy it. xXx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Maria. It's lovely to see a winner that I know :) I hope the Easter egg hunt went well, Jan. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicola. Yes, the egg hunt went well and we had a lovely week with a full house of family visiting. Thanks for popping by to leave a comment.

      Delete
  4. Thanks to everyone who entered - congratulations Maria, Ghostbird is going in the post today!

    Best wishes,
    Helena, Honno Press

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to Honno for providing the giveaway of 'Ghostbird', Helena. I'm sure Maria will love it.

      Delete
  5. cheap rolex watches, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of cheap rolex pearlmaster, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete